Monday, July 4, 2011

Slowly turning into 29, while watching my favourite movie for 28 times

Being a long weekend (Monday, 4th July 2011 is American Independence Day - Holiday) these 3 days I have covered few of Chiranjeevi's Old Movies (80's & 90's) and yesterday evening Chatrapathi followed by my all time favourite - Athadu (28th time, I have started this movie late in the night, when I am slowly crossing 28). It took 4 hours for me to complete it, one can guess I was getting numerous phone calls in between (Wishes). Out of my surprise, my cousins even arranged a cake cut party and we had a blast exactly at the interval time of the movie (Athadu). Even after the party, my job was to continue receiving phone calls and had to take a long interval break of about 1 hour, to resume the movie!!

While watching this movie and the previous one (Athadu & Chatrapathi), I can clearly see that difference and the improvement in film making from early 80's to present!! Do not know if many observe the title cards with same attention as movies or not, but I strongly feel that one should remember & visualize every technician's effort in the movie while enjoying the scenes, sounds/music and the entire visual feast - apart from the front-end artist.

Ofcourse it is the actor/actress who portrays the actual role play, but it is the director who do the complete interpretation of a written script, using their vision and creativity, along with organizational and technical skills, to deliver a complete motion picture.

As I told before, I started the weekend watching old movies and can clearly see n number of flaws in Legendary Directors' so called Hits! and Failed to catch atleast a weak scene in the above mentioned 2 Movies - Chatrapathi & Athadu! Hats off to both the captains......Every aspect of these two movies were made exceptionally good with utmost care, whether it may be in selection of cast, crew, script and grip on the subject, commitment from every technician including music director, cinematographer, choreographer, stunt master, editor & so on...

"The movie is a product from a team and the film director plays a major role in it".

With this I just wanted to suggest young directors to watch perfect movies n times and learn how to do movies....which will surely help every stakeholder of the movie!

There are other movies as well such as Ithey, Vedam, Ala Modalaindi etc., which are well made, so please friends share your views on best movies by posting comments to this blog :)

2 comments:

  1. I love athadu movie comedy very much athadu is one of best my best movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Athadu is my all time favorite movies of tollywood.

      I started admiring Mr. Trivikram with this movie.

      - Chaitanya Kumar Vummethala.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...